Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mango Chiffon Cake


This is the first time I tried making mango chiffon cake, using recipe from Kevin Chai's Chiffon Cake is Done. In fact first time trying out his recipe after I bought the recipe book in March. All I can say is this chiffon cake is very good in texture, moist yet fluffy soft!
I did omit some of the ingredients as called for in the recipe like chopped cherries, mango essence, reducing sugar and replacing milk with passionfruit juice (so happen that I have one in the fridge and its drying up). Without the mango essence, the cake is still full of mango fragrance! The only things is I forgot that I have very sweet mango, so next time maybe can reduce the sugar further.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Your chiffon cake looks so yummy.

Would like to know where do you buy the Kevin Chai's Chiffon cake recipe book.

regards

Woon said...

Hi

Thanks, I came across the book in a small bakery shop in a small town in Malaysia. Maybe you can try Popular or Kinokuniya, they might be able to order for you if it is not in stock.